The senior manager will be responsible for the income tax compliance and tax accounting provision for Latin and South America and Canada, certain international components of the tax provision and general coordination and oversight of external advisors with regard to transfer pricing compliance. The senior manager will also be responsible for oversight of the US international tax compliance and other projects as needed. The role will gradually assume responsibility for America`s transfer pricing.
* Manage and review of Latin and South America and Canada quarterly income tax reporting, income tax compliance, tax audits, and transfer pricing compliance including but not limited to:
o Review of the current and deferred tax reporting calculations.
o Review of the quarterly reporting of the international income tax contingencies (Fin 48)
o Review and assess (quarterly) of the need for valuation allowances as part of the interim provision process in addition to documenting the result in a technical memo.
o Review return to provision true-up's and ensure proper SOX 404 documentation is obtained/maintained.
o Manage and review of the annual income tax compliance.
o Manage tax audits with the local team including review of information requests, tax assessments, audit strategies, etc.
* Oversight and review of the US international income tax compliance function including review all U.S. tax compliance related to foreign operations (1120 -F's, 5471s, 5472s, 5713s, 8858s, 8865s, 1118s and 1042s/related FATCA compliance) as well as local country filings.
* Write technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos.
* Develop and maintain knowledge of federal and international tax laws and current developments.
* Oversight and review the tax consequences of foreign earnings not permanently invested (APB23).
* Be involved in US transfer pricing work in coordination with the global transfer price team with the ultimate goal of assuming responsibility of the transfer price work.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
* 8-10 years related experience/training; combination of public accounting and/or public company experience; CPA
* Knowledge and experience calculating the foreign tax provision for international operations and transactions
* Expertise in US international tax law: calculation of foreign tax credit, foreign source income, E&P and tax pools, U.S. tax basis, understanding of FX implications, familiarity with EU tax regimes and tax treaties
* Aspiration to broaden experience with respect to transfer pricing work
* Experience in US GAAP Tax Accounting
* Expertise in US international tax compliance and related processes
* Excellent tax research skills
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited r sum s or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.