We are a technical recruiting firm in Austin called Nesco Resource. Our client is ready to hire a Field Systems Admin/Engineer with a heavy Cisco background. We would like someone who has a versatile background with desktop support, Systems administration, Training, VM Ware, GPO and Active Directory troubleshooting, Server configuration and support experience. This Engineer will install switches, firewalls, WAPs, and configure VLANS. They will also activate ISP connections and setup failover. This Engineer will travel to various offices and demonstrate troubleshooting competency, deliver mission critical infrastructure, and ensure the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. The ability to interact with customers is essential. This is a versatile position which will require the replacement of computer systems; so a diverse background that includes IT Support, Systems administration, and desktop troubleshooting is a plus.
It does require 65% travel domestic and international. Would you be available to discuss the company?
Thank you for your time and consideration!
Field Systems Admin/Engineer
Proven success in hands on administration in a 300+ Windows based network environment
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and other miscellaneous network hardware and related equipment
- LAN Switching at L2 and LAN/WAN Routing at L3
- LAN to LAN VPNs including legacy MPLS and SD WAN
- Perimeter Security (Firewall & IDS)
- Network/Systems availability and performance monitoring
- Network equipment inventory
- Network equipment software status, patching, and lifecycle management
- Network configuration, best-practices on all server equipment (physical and virtual)
- Execute approved change requests for all systems in scope
- Develop and manage maintenance plans and schedules for all systems in scope
- Manage and maintain documentation of all systems and processes in scope
- Manage and maintain systems/network monitoring solutions, notification, and response
- Plan, execute and maintain system security initiatives and the reporting of events relating to the security of the infrastructure.
- 4 year undergraduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration or consulting role in Microsoft/Cisco-based infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience executing infrastructure projects as primary technical lead
- 3+ years managing security and intrusion prevention solutions
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, technician