Answer incoming calls in the National Communications Center (NCC) from customers and field operations personnel. Act as a liaison between field and office personnel to ensure accurate and timely communication. Provide responsive and reliable assistance by exercising good judgment and by using good customer service skills at all times. Take appropriate action to assure that the Company is providing the best service to its customers and clients.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
Receive all incoming forms of communication from clients, prospective clients, field personnel or the general public during business hours, non-business office hours, and holidays. Handle these calls in a professional and business-like manner as representatives of our field operations.
- Respond appropriately to calls by evaluating the situation and reviewing the office profiles on what steps to take. Involves routing messages and immediately contacting appropriate field supervision to respond to open posts, guard call offs, or any other operational situations. Produce written Call Reports that are concise, informative, and accurate.
- Ensure that departmental standards regarding quality and productivity are maintained.
- Inform NCC and/or field management of any serious safety or business jeopardy situations.
- Monitor Post Confirmation System (PoCo) to respond to all alerts as they occur during the course of the shift.
- Handle all NCC special service calls such as Serious Incident Reports, Integrity Lines, and any others that are taken on by NCC management.
- Advise shift supervision of any changes in office profiles or database information that needs to be updated. Seek out updates when talking to field management so that the NCC database information is current, to proficiently respond to field operation requirements.
- Provide ongoing administrative support for the NCC and assistance to shift supervision. Respond to office schedule and profile changes by accurately entering information into system and communicating changes to appropriate shift supervision and or field office personnel in a timely manner.
- Assist with special projects as needed. Perform other duties as requested by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Technical Skills:
- Computer literate
- Ability to type a minimum of 25 words per minute
- Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity software including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications preferred
- Working knowledge of computerized systems like PeopleSoft a plus
- Communication Skills:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (speak, read, and write)
- Ability to speak Spanish would be a plus
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills, including good grammar
- Clear, professional, and pleasant speaking voice
- Ability to listen to calls and respond verbally while documenting in writing simultaneously
- Ability to deal with foreign accents and irate callers
- Customer Service Skills:
- Ability to maintain a strong and positive customer service orientation
- Willingness to support the customer
- Communicate direction in a positive and professional manner
- Previous call center experience is a plus
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED required, with one to two years of customer service experience
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Analytical Skills:
- Ability to quickly discern issues and apply experience to resolve problems
- Be diplomatic in resolving conflicts
- Ability to learn new methods resulting from system upgrades
- Stress Tolerance:
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to work effectively under stressful work conditions
- Ability to work in a noisy, distracting environment at a fast pace
- Ability to adapt to workflow with changing call volume, both increases and decreases
- Possess professional and positive demeanor
- Team player and upbeat personality (\"Smile in the Voice\")
- Remain calm under pressure
- Take direction and constructive criticism
- Flexibility: *NCC operates 24 hours per day 7 days a week 365 days a year.*
- Must have the ability to work shift times that are not normal business hours of operation
- May be required to work holidays
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Dependably report to work on time for assigned schedule
- Adaptable to schedule changes, which consist of more (or less) time flexibility
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, clients, prospects, and staff, in group settings and in situations requiring high performance and results
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular talking and hearing
- Wearing of a headset throughout work shift
- Receiving automatically connected phone calls from an ACD phone system
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while working on a personal computer
Associated topics: agent, csr, customer care associate, customer service associate, customer service representative, intern, platform support, representative, service, system support